JOB Title: Platform Engineer
What We’re Looking For
We are looking for a Platform Engineer to join our cutting-edge platform engineering team. The individual would be responsible for architecture, availability and scalability of our cloud infrastructure and systems integrations. The ideal candidate would be someone with software coding experience (Terraform, Unix Shell scripts, Ruby/Python/NodeJS, etc), CI/CD automation and cloud infrastructure management skills.
What You’ll be Doing
- Maintaining and improving AWS Eventbridge solution in order to facilitate system and data integration between Healthpilot and 3rd party systems
- Maintaining and improving the maturity of AWS cloud environments for all digital technology, working across product development teams, architecture and other engineering support roles
- Building and maintaining AWS and container infrastructure using infrastructure-as-code tools to support our growing workloads
- Supporting, administering and optimizing various CI/CD tools and processes
- Establishing and maintaining monitoring, metrics and reporting systems for fine-grained observability and actionable alerting
- Performing real-time troubleshooting and repair of mission-critical application and platform components
- Administering and supporting various SaaS platforms used in the company's digital architecture
- Working closely with security engineer to implement and advocate applicable security controls across all tools, platforms, applications and support processes
- Associate’s or bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field
- 2+ years of development or devOps experience
- Familiarity with API integrations on SaaS
- Experience with managing AWS services, including EventBridge, Lambda, API Gateway, SQS, SNS, IAM, ECS, EKS, ECR and others, or experience with similar services on another cloud provider such Azure or GCP
- Experience with modern DevOps practices, such as Infrastructure-as-Code, Containerization and CI/CD
- Experience with one or more of the following: Terraform, AWS Cloud Development Kit, Ansible and Cloud Formation
- Experience with one or more of the following: CircleCI, CodeFresh, GitHub Actions, GitLab Pipelines and Jenkins
- Experience scripting with one or more of NodeJs, Python and Ruby
- Experience with Linux/Unix style shells and shell scripting, g., Bash, Zsh, Ksh
- Experience with another cloud platform such as Azure (along with AWS) will be a plus
- Team-oriented attitude to help other colleagues and departments with technical problems
- Strong interpersonal communication and relationship-building skills
- Ability to manage time and effectively prioritize numerous tasks at one time
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
Healthpilot is a digital, consumer engagement platform making healthcare easy, efficient and effective for every customer. Our initial business focus is the Medicare insurance space, aiming to help each customer enroll online in the right Medicare product with the best insurance partner given the customer’s specific health and economic needs. Medicare products include Medicare Advantage, Supplement and Prescription Drug plans.
Founded in November 2020, Healthpilot offers a dynamic, high-growth environment where you will have the opportunity to develop professionally and be part of a collaborative team. We offer an exciting and mission-driven work environment for people who want to solve problems and gain experience in technology and healthcare. Healthpilot is well capitalized and has partnered with a multi-billion dollar NYSE-traded enterprise to build and rapidly grow the business. We invest in our people at Healthpilot because people are our most important asset.
We are committed to providing a comprehensive set of benefit choices to meet different employee needs and lifestyles. Benefits include:
- Health Insurance that includes HSA & Dental
- 401k with Company Matching
- Generous PTO
- Beautiful centrally located office in Nashville, TN
- Work provided laptop
- Hybrid/remote work
- Tons of upward mobility in a fast-moving start-up
Compensation plays a critical role in our ability to attract, retain and motivate our workforce. Our compensation framework is designed to align the long-term interests of our employees with those of our other stakeholders by generating sustained value and reinforcing personal accountability.
Healthpilot is an Equal Opportunity Employer.